by Niyati Mehta
Today we share 5 D-I-Y design alterations that you can make to your life. These low cost interventions are creative and can enable positive and sustainable changes to your child’s environment.
- Flush the toilet – Nudge-oriented interventions can work wonders to ensure health and hygiene in your home. This simple yet creative nudge works as a memory cue for your kids to pee within the pot, even when you are not around. Goodbye sputtering, it’s time to score a basket!
- Zero Water Wastage – Use a colored strip around a jar or glass as a marker for water and ensure that it is close to the amount of water your child consumes each time they drink. Zero wastage is a great way to do your bit for water conservation and bring a sustainable change in the way your kids live.
- Clean Up – Getting a child to clean their room is a challenge for most parents. Sticking on a pair of eyes on the wall of your child’s room is a subtle push and a psychological tool, reminding your kids that you got eyes on the room at all times.
- Hand Hygiene – Leveraging on your child’s love for pop culture icons, this creative nudge ensures hand hygiene for young kids. Place a photo of your child’s favorite cartoon character or superhero above the wash basin and watch how they run in to wash up without being reminded to.
- Eat Healthily – Make unhealthy food less accessible in your fridge. Put the healthy greens and fruits at eye level and the less healthy stuff on the top shelves or right at the bottom. This simple intervention ensures your child eats 20 percent less junk than usual!
Download and Print the creative design to use them for your children