An unimagined crisis. Unexpected Isolation and loneliness. Being away from the world and all by yourself…the last few months have been challenging for us as human beings and parents. But they have also made us realize today, more than ever, the need of the hour is to raise children who are resilient. To raise children who can overcome hindrances, face problems with perseverance and bounce back even after having faced hard times.
At NFK we believe resilience isn’t just a quality but a mindset, an attitude and way of life. And while raising a resilient child is a lifelong mission and commitment, you can begin by speaking right. Here are 5 sentences that we as parents need to use if we want to inculcate resilience in our children.
- ‘Let’s try that again. And again. And again.’ – because never giving up is what resilience is all about.
- ‘We can do it!’ – because parenthood is about teamwork. And also because even the most resilient person needs to know that someone’s got their back.
- ‘Let’s figure this out’ – Because a resolute mindset is a solution, not a problem oriented one.
- ‘If I try hard, I can do great things.’ – Because resilience stems from self confidence, independence and being just a little bit fierce.
- ‘We get better every day. I get better every day.’ – And finally resilience comes from hope and from knowing that there is always a better tomorrow waiting for us.
#letsbestrong #beingresilient #smallbutfierce #Iwillsurvive #NFKparenthood #parenttribe #parentingintoughtimes #newageparenting